The Holy Order of St Francis Xavier
“This holy city of Gwynedd lies directly East of Rhemuth and Southeast of Valoret in the Lendour Mountains, being situated on the Northwest end of Lake Jashan.” Codex Derynianus p.78
The surrounding countryside is mountainous and forested. The city is known for it’s woodcraft and most of its buildings are made from wood due to the scarcity of local stone.
Dhassa is a Free City, declaring itself to be independent in 597 and is ruled by its Prince-Bishops. It controls the territory immediately surrounding the city as well. However, as Gwynedd expanded outwards, this became untenable and in 879 it was agreed that Dhassa would become a free city of the realm of Gwynedd, retaining its tax-exempt status.
Because the Bishop of Dhassa is traditionally neutral in politics, along with Dhassa’s central location, the Gwyneddan Curia frequently meet there and the Bishop frequently possesses a lot of influence of the Church and State.
The current Bishop is Bishop Denis Arilan, who was elevated to the position in 1122.